Sunday, December 14, 2008

More Photos From Trunk Show

The Picture to the right was my mom's display of felted bags, hats, cobweb lace felt scarves, and jewelery. Mom also had felted art bags (small bags meant for wall decorations) for sale against a window backdrop, but I manged to miss taking a photo of that. That is what happens when I let the photo's become an after-thought.


Above is a picture of the nuno-felt scarves I made that were displayed on an antique quilt rack. I also had scarves hanging from a wall hook display to the left of the quilt rack. But again, I wasn't thinking enough about a photographic record and didn't think to take a picture of the scarves on the wall. I most likely forgot about them because that is where they are always displayed at the shop. Although I like the antique quilt rack, I think I need to come up with a better way to display my scarves. The wall display isn't quite right either. Maybe suspend something from the ceiling so that the scarves are more up at eye level? Hmmmmm... I will have to think on this further.

This is a picture of my mom's felt hat with a vintage silk scarf twirled into a rosette surrounded by one of my nuno-felted silk scarves. That we had matching colors was an unplanned but pleasant surprise. They look good together don't they?


That is it for photos for the moment. My next project is actually not scarves. I am thinking about making a nuno-felted wall hanging. I have a couple yards of silk I shibori dyed yellow and green. Maybe I will make use of that for a backing. I will post photos as I work through the project. Right now it is just in the thought stage.

No comments: